ADOdb Documentation and other files that are not used have been removed from this Geodesic
Solutions software package to conserve space, entire ADOdb package can be found for download
ADOdb Library for PHP
ADOdb is a suite of database libraries that allow you to connect to multiple
databases in a portable manner. Download from http://adodb.sourceforge.net/.
- The ADOdb documentation has moved to docs-adodb.htm
This allows you to query, update and insert records using a portable API.
- The ADOdb data dictionary docs are at docs-datadict.htm.
This allows you to create database tables and indexes in a portable manner.
- The ADOdb database performance monitoring docs are at docs-perf.htm.
This allows you to perform health checks, tune and monitor your database.
- The ADOdb database-backed session docs are at docs-session.htm.
Make sure you are running PHP4.0.4 or later. Unpack all the files into a directory accessible by your webserver.
To test, try modifying some of the tutorial examples. Make sure you customize the connection settings correctly. You can debug using:
$db = ADONewConnection($driver); # eg. 'mysql' or 'oci8'
$db->debug = true;
$db->Connect($server, $user, $password, $database);
$rs = $db->Execute('select * from some_small_table');
How are people using ADOdb
Here are some examples of how people are using ADOdb:
- PhpLens is a commercial data grid component that allows
both cool Web designers and serious unshaved programmers to develop and
maintain databases on the Web easily. Developed by the author of ADOdb.
- PHAkt: PHP Extension for DreamWeaver Ultradev allows
you to script PHP in the popular Web page editor. Database handling provided
- Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases (ACID): PHP-based
analysis engine to search and process a database of security incidents
generated by security-related software such as IDSes and firewalls (e.g.
Snort, ipchains). By Roman Danyliw.
- PostNuke is a very popular free content management system
and weblog system. It offers full CSS support, HTML 4.01 transitional
compliance throughout, an advanced blocks system, and is fully multi-lingual
- EasyPublish CMS is another free content management system
for managing information and integrated modules on your internet, intranet-
and extranet-sites. From Norway.
- NOLA is a full featured accounting, inventory, and job
tracking application. It is licensed under the GPL, and developed by Noguska.